Think about it, right now ..................... why do you want to play the guitar?
Maybe you already play and want to go to the next level. That means learning new material and getting around on the neck easier and faster. It means playing new licks and making it through complete songs you have always wanted to learn.
OR ...................... you are new to the guitar. If so, you are in for the ride of your life ! It's totally fun.
There are many reasons why learning to play the guitar is so fun.
1. ENLIGHTENMENT - The realization will hit that you possess the gift of music and you can express yourself through your music.
2. SELF EXPRESSION - Mastering a new song feels so good! You can sit for hours playing your favorites. Your heart overflows with love and you are amazed that it is getting easier. You actually are starting to sound pretty good!
3. VERSATILITY - The guitar has a vast range of musical possibilities for those who take the time to learn it well. You can’t play chords on a violin. You can’t bend notes on a piano.
4. BE THE LIFE OF THE PARTY - People are drawn toward guitarists in social situations. It’s the guitarist’s responsibility to lead the campfire sing-along's as well as make night club audiences gasp at ripping-good riffs or solos.
5. PLAY IN A BAND - It’s a great way to meet friends, gain attention and make a little money. It's also fun to make some noise!
5. WRITE AND RECORD ORIGINAL SONGS - With mainstream software, you can write and record your own songs. This can be a creative outlet for your hard work learning how to play the guitar.
Think about it. If this is something you want, "go for it" and seize the "musician in you".